Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Tagged

I came into work today to the realization that i had been tagged, which intrigued me. I received an email from the president of our organization, Gord Hotchkiss of Enquiro, mentioning that he had tagged, among others, me. Looking further into it, this tagging appears to be slowly moving over the blogosphere attempting to put faces back onto many of the posters that have become finely tuned blogging machines. And this I can get into! I sincerely believe that every one of us brings something different to the table through our experiences and the application of ourselves in different areas of life, so this game of tag is more than welcome. Similar to the 43things.com website, which is worth a look if you haven't seen it already, which asks its audience to list 43 things they want to do before they die.

But I digress... Here are my 5 things that people generally don't know about me.

  1. On my high school graduation day, as I walked across the stage, I was pulled, fully unexpectedly, to the side in mid-cross and was presented with the district scholarship for art. I believe the district encompassed 2 or 3 other high schools in Chilliwack (you will know it by the smell of manure being spread on the corn fields as you pass through to Vancouver, British Columbia). I was able to put that scholarship towards an education in Graphic Design.

  2. I have never lived outside of British Columbia. I have lived in numerous places within the province, including the north (Smithers), the interior (Revelstoke), Vancouver Island - which is one of my favourite places in the world to be (Comox & Campbell River), and in and around Vancouver, the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley (Chilliwack, Surrey, Vancouver and North Vancouver).

  3. I had never been on a plane until i was 26 years old, and thus, had never travelled overseas until earlier this year, when I went with my wife to the UK.

  4. While playing hockey for what must have been the ROI Theatre sponsored Atom team in about 1984 ( I know, this dates me, I was about 9 at the time if you wanted to do the math), I won the coveted Esso "Most Improved Player" award for my team. This sounds good, but the other two awards were "Most Valuable Player" and, I believe, "Most Sportsmanlike Player", so this put me in the "Not as bad as i used to be" category. But I was really proud at the time, and have the medal to this day.

  5. Aaaaaand, the last bit for now is that i am a big, big fan of music, but you will never find me on a dance floor. You wouldn't know it by looking at me, but I've got no rhythm... ;)
I tag Frank Spillers, Jesper Rønn-Jensen, Thomas Watson Steen

Bye for now

Digg!

No comments: